No doubt we’ve all see the zombie Jesus by now
but seriously folks – same concept if done without the sardonicism:
- that out of this huge, trillions of years old, trillions of trillions of miles across universe full of literally countless numbers of galaxies each of those full of countless stars – many with dozens or even hundreds of planets, some with surrounding moons….
- that it was all created by a single God (and here’s the good part):
- who looks just like us!
- who built it all just for us!
- and just because of us.
- and that despite the absolute immensity in both size and age of the universe, it all is here just so a little ape that learned to walk upright and come up with a few thousand word vocabulary can eventually die in a few short decades and go to some magic place (outside this immense universe mind you) where nothing ever goes wrong.
- and of course, on this little rock alone, there are over 5000 different versions of that particular type of story – and the vast majority of any group believing any partilcular story, each thinks they are the only one(s) that have it right and thus the only one(s) going to the ‘magic place’.
uh, yeah. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
(and to think I’ve been called arrogant and self-righteous by the religious.)